|Editions|myCNN|Video|Audio|News Brief|Free E-mail|Feedback||
Pumpkin and Baked Almond Soup
Source: Hilton Atlanta & Towers
Makes enough for 8 to 10 people.
1. Peel and remove seeds from pumpkin. Chop pumpkin into small pieces and boil until very tender. Drain water from pumpkin and save approximately 4 cups of the pumpkin liquid.
2. Puree pumpkin pieces until smooth.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake almonds for approximately 20 minutes or until they're golden in color.
4. Remove almonds from the oven and puree, adding the Ameretto and Frangelica. Add water for consistency if necessary.
5. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté the onion, carrot and celery until tender. Add bay leaves, black peppercorns and thyme. Add the pumpkin liquid and broth purees. Add nutmeg, cinnamon, honey and brown sugar.
6. Bring soup to a boil, then simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Strain the soup and serve.
|Back to the top||
© 2001 Cable News Network. All Rights Reserved.|
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Read our privacy guidelines.