Skip to main content
CNN.com International
>

BREAKING NEWS

Seven Tunisians arrested in relation to beach hotel terror attack in Sousse, court spokesperson says.
Click here to skip to main content.
The Web    CNN.com      Powered by
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ON TV
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
WORLD

Beckham flees sex claims storm



Story Tools

RELATED
• Beckhams: Sex claims 'absurd'
QUICKVOTE
Has the Beckham brand been damaged by recent extra-marital sex allegations?
Yes
No
VIEW RESULTS
YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS
David Beckham

LONDON, England -- David Beckham has returned to Spain amid a media frenzy over the England captain's alleged extramarital affairs.

He trained Tuesday afternoon with his Real Madrid team-mates after an early family celebration of the 30th birthday of his wife, Victoria.

It was not known if Victoria Beckham accompanied her husband on the trip back to Spain.

The pair posed for waiting photographers late on Monday night as they left a restaurant at Claridges hotel in central London, where they had dinner together.

They emerged smiling from the restaurant and appeared determined to give the impression they were a happy couple despite the week-long series of allegations about the footballer's private life.

But they refused to comment beyond a statement they issued earlier yesterday revealing that they had instructed lawyers over the "absurd" claims.

The statement in full said: "This weekend a series of even more absurd and unsubstantiated claims have been published about David and Victoria Beckham.

"The couple continue to dismiss these stories and they will not be commenting upon them further at this time.

"Lawyers have been instructed by David and Victoria concerning these matters."

The couple had been in discussions with his advisers following a week-long series of allegations about his private life.

The statement was issued by 19 management, the agency which represents Victoria, otherwise known as Posh Spice.

Rebecca Loos, the footballer's former PA, is to give a TV interview with Sky One over claims of her affair with Beckham.

Malaysian-born Sarah Marbeck, 29, also alleges that she slept with Beckham.

In a statement released by her lawyer in Australia, Marbeck said she decided to reveal the alleged relationship because she spent two years waiting for the England captain.

"He said he loved me and I slept with the phone by my bed waiting for it to ring.

"Finally, I accepted that my relationship with Beckham was over and I decided to move forward with my life. But in that time my life changed forever, and there is no way back for me."

She claimed not to be a "celebrity seeker" and described herself as being "shocked by the intense level of public interest in my life".


Story Tools
Click Here to try 4 Free Trial Issues of Time! cover
Top Stories
Iran poll to go to run-off
Top Stories
EU 'crisis' after summit failure
 
 
 
 

CNN US
On CNN TV E-mail Services CNN Mobile CNN AvantGo CNNtext Ad info Preferences
SEARCH
   The Web    CNN.com     
Powered by
© 2005 Cable News Network LP, LLLP.
A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Read our privacy guidelines. Contact us.
external link
All external sites will open in a new browser.
CNN.com does not endorse external sites.
 Premium content icon Denotes premium content.