Recipe: Royal Hara Bhara Kebab
Courtesy Sanjiv Kapoor
Spinach (blanched & chopped) 1 cup
Dates (pitted) 10-12
Yogurt 1 cup
1. Heat butter in a kadai/deep pan, add caraway seeds and sauté till it begins to change colour.
2. Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic, green chilli paste and sauté for another fifteen seconds making sure that the paste does not stick to the bottom of the kadai.
3. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, gram flour and cook till it gives a good aroma. This may take about one minute on medium low heat.
4. Add cashewnut powder and cook for a further thirty seconds on medium low heat.
5. Add the chopped spinach, mashed potatoes, crushed green peas and cook on medium heat for about five minutes or till it leaves the kadai.
6. Remove from heat and spread it out on a flat surface to cool.
7. For the filling grind dates and tamarind pulp till smooth. Do not add water.
8. Divide the spinach mixture and the date filling into four equal portions each. Spread one portion of spinach mixture on your palm, place one portion date filling in the center and bring in the edges and roll into a round ball. Press slightly to form kebabs.
9. Heat sufficient oil in a frying pan and shallow-fry the kebabs, a few at a time, till crisp on both the sides. This may take about one minute on each side on medium heat. Drain onto an absorbent paper and keep hot.
10. For serving mix yogurt and boondi in a bowl and refrigerate.
11. Heat oil in a kadai/deep pan and deep-fry the fine spinach shreds till they turn crisp. Drain onto an absorbent paper.
12. Take a big plate, place a spoonful of boondi and yogurt mixture in the center and place a hara bhara kebab over it. Again arrange a spoonful of the boondi and yogurt mixture over the kebab and finally place some of the fried spinach over it.
13. Similarly arrange the remaining kebabs. Serve immediately.
Note: Boondis are small dumplings of gram flour deep-fried till crisp.
|© 2007 Cable News Network LP, LLLP.
A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Read our privacy guidelines. Contact us. Site Map.