Adjust font size:
Do you agree with Don Byron's New York City selections? Send us your comments and ideas below.
2. Spoonbread -- a homey soul food place on 110th St.
3. Three of Cups -- 1st Ave around 3rd or 4th streets, a place that serves fresh Italian food (I always get the spaghetti messina) in a completely un-Italian downtown atmosphere.
4. Jules (8th between 1st and 2nd) -- a French place where I've had several b'day parties ... steak frites, good wine, and more and more live music.
5. The Cupcake Cafe on 9th Ave -- the best cupcakes.
6. The Little Pie Co. on 43rd between 9th and 10th -- the best pies. Period.
Favorite 'Hang Outs':
1. Virgin Megastore in Times Square -- the best selection in the city, decent Latin dept. and a movie theatre downstairs.
2. Toys"R"Us in Times Square has an indoor Ferris wheel.
3. Sweet Rhythm, where I played Saturday night, stocks good tequila and grappa and the "cats" hang out there.
4. Symphony Space's Thalia Theater where I first saw Hitchcock etc.
5. The Angelica Theater -- great lobby scene with food.
6. The music district, 46-48th streets -- Lots of shops for instruments etc. and a great place to run into people.
7. Bloomingdale's -- shop here, buy cheaper elsewhere.
8. The whole foods in Columbus Circle.
9. Canal Street -- the best place for gray market electronics.