NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- The lone surviving gunman from last month's attacks in Mumbai will remain in police custody for at least two more weeks, CNN-IBN, a CNN sister network, reported.
Indian authorities say Mohammad Ajmal Kasab has admitted being one of 10 gunmen who attacked several targets in Mumbai.
Mohammad Ajmal Kasab, 21, was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday, but security concerns meant the judge went to Kasab, instead of the suspect coming to court.
The judge extended his custody until January 6, 2009, according to CNN-IBN.
Indian authorities say Kasab has admitted to Indian police that he was one of 10 gunmen who attacked several targets in Mumbai on November 26, sparking three days of battles with police and troops in the heart of the city that is the hub of India's financial and entertainment industries.
India says Kasab has told investigators that he and the others were trained for more than a year in Pakistan by Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, a banned Islamic militant group.
The attacks left more than 160 people dead, as well as nine of the gunmen.
Most of the deaths occurred at the Taj Mahal Palace and the Oberoi-Trident hotels, which reopened on Sunday -- three weeks after the attacks.
|Most Viewed||Most Emailed|