The Sexual Recovery Institute has a 25-question checklist that can help men determine whether they may have a sexual addiction. If you answer yes to three or more questions, authors Patrick Carnes and Robert Weiss say, you could have a problem. Questions with an asterisk are not related to orientation. Links to checklists for women, partners and gay men are below.
1. Do you believe you have a sexual problem? *
2. Do you often justify or minimize the extent or type of your sexual and romantic behaviors to yourself or others?
3. Do you often find yourself preoccupied and distracted by sexual thoughts when you do not wish to be?
4. Do you regret the time and energy you spend in the pursuit of sex or romance?
5. Has paying for sex ever challenged your finances?
For the full checklist on men and sex addiction,click here
Checklist for women
Checklist for partners
Checklist for cybersex addiction