Manchester City ban talk of Tevez

    Carlos Tevez was Manchester City's top goalscorer last year as they won the FA Cup and reached the Champions League.

    Story highlights

    • Manchester City ban questions on Carlos Tevez at Friday press conference
    • Tevez is suspended after allegedly refusing to come on as substitute against Bayern Munich
    • Bayern Munich won Champions League group match 2-0
    • City turn down approach from West Ham to take Tevez on loan
    Manchester City banned journalists from asking manager Roberto Mancini about striker Carlos Tevez Friday, as the fallout from the Argentine's apparent refusal to come on as a substitute continued.
    Tevez, 27, has been suspended pending an investigation by City after Italian manager Mancini claimed the forward refused to come on as a second-half substitute during City's 2-0 European Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich Tuesday.
    But the 2011 FA Cup winners refused to answer questions on the former Manchester United star during Mancini's press conference ahead of the club's English Premier League clash at Blackburn Rovers Saturday.
    "Questions in relation to Carlos Tevez in general, in relation to his alleged conduct on Tuesday evening and the potential ramifications of that conduct and in relation to his future at the football club is strictly off limits and will not be answered," City's chief communications officer Victoria Kloss said.
    "Breaches of this will result in the press conference being suspended. This decision has been made to protect the interests of all parties and safeguard the integrity of the investigation that is currently taking place."
    Former Inter Milan coach Mancini rejected suggestions recent events had made this week the hardest of his 10-year managerial career.
    "Why is it difficult?" the 46-year-old said. "Some situations can happen in football, in your job. It's important that the past is finished. I don't have any complications.
    "Only one complication that we had two days ago is that we lost against Bayern Munich, only this.
    "We started very well we can do a fantastic season, I don't have this problem. It is normal that one player is not happy to leave the pitch in an important game or to stay on the bench, it's a normal situation for every manager."
    The defeat to German outfit Bayern was City's first of the season, with the Etihad Stadium outfit still unbeaten and sitting in second position after six games in England's top division.
    Later Friday, City rejected a request from second-flight West Ham to take Tevez on a temporary loan. Tevez played for the Hammers when he first arrived in English football, helping them to avoid relegation before moving to Manchester United.
    In addition to the controversy surrounding Tevez, City's reverse at the Allianz Arena also saw Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko react angrily to being replaced by Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong in the second half.
    Dzeko, who arrived in Manchester from Bundesliga side Wolfsburg in January, has apologized for his actions and said they were born out of disappointment with his own performance.
    "Everyone has had a sleep and a rest after the Bayern game and we know we could have done better but it is football and you cannot win every game," Dzeko, who has already scored six Premier League goals this season, told City's official website.
    "Bayern Munich is behind us, we are feeling positive and looking forward to the next game. That is our target now. I know my reaction was bad and I have spoken to the guys and to the coach as well.
    "I have apologized for the reaction and Roberto has accepted it and said that everything is ok and that we have to be positive for the next game."
    After Saturday's match at Ewood Park, City entertain Aston Villa on October 15 before Villarreal arrive in Manchester for a Champions League clash on October 18.