- The death toll rises to 570, officials say, with about 2,555 people injured
- The latest person to be pulled out alive was 13-year-old Serhat Tokay
- Britain pledges emergency tents for more than 5,500 people
The death toll from the massive earthquake that shook eastern Turkey over the weekend rose to 570 on Friday, up from 535 the day before, but crews have pulled 187 people alive from the rubble, Turkish officials said.
In addition, about 2,555 people were injured by the 7.2-magnitude earthquake that struck Sunday, according to the Turkish Disaster and Emergency Relief Agency.
Rescue workers extracted 13-year-old Serhat Tokay from the rubble of an apartment building early Friday, 108 hours after the earthquake struck Ercis, the semi-official Anatolian news agency reported. The child was being treated in a field hospital.
Eight hours earlier, crews had rescued 18-year-old Imdat Padak from the wreckage of another building in Ercis, the agency reported.
After teams from Azerbaijan retrieved him, Padak was taken to a hospital for initial treatment, and then was airlifted by helicopter to the city of Van.
Padak appeared not to have any significant trauma, but was suffering dehydration. He is reported to be a student from the village of Kiziloren and was taking courses while preparing for university entrance exams.
Earlier in the week, crews pulled a 2-week-old baby, Azra Karaduman, alive from the debris.
There were reports Thursday of a moderate earthquake in the country's south.
A 5.2 earthquake hit about 200 kilometers (125 miles) south of the center of Sunday's quake, near the border with Iraq, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
Tokay was the latest of several people found alive in the rubble days after Sunday's quake. On Wednesday, rescuers pulled two people from collapsed buildings.
Britain has pledged emergency tents for more than 5,500 people whose homes were destroyed, Home Secretary Theresa May said during a visit to Turkey Thursday.