- Manny Pacquiao vows to end doubts over previous two bouts with Juan Manuel Marquez
- The two go head-to-head for the third time in Las Vegas on Saturday
- Their first bout was a draw but Pacquiao won the second on a split decision
- Marquez claims he won both fights but Pacquiao says he will settle the matter Saturday
Manny Pacquiao has vowed to end the controversy over his previous two bouts with Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez as the pair prepare for their third showdown on Saturday night in Las Vegas.
The Filipino has won 10 titles at eight different weight divisions in his glittering career, from flyweight (for boxers between 108 and 112 pounds) up to super welterweight (148 to 154 pounds).
But his first two fights with Marquez were mired in controversy.
The first bout in 2004 was scored as a draw while Pacquiao won a split decision in the rematch four years later, but Marquez believes he won both encounters.
Pacquiao though, says Saturday's third chapter will settle the issue once and for all.
"He kept on saying he got robbed in the first two fights. This fight will answer all the doubts and all the questions," he said at a press conference in Las Vegas.
"I thought this issue had been settled in our second fight, but some people, including Marquez himself, doubted the outcome.
"Much as I believed that this third fight is unnecessary, still I obliged to erase all doubts that, instead of him, I was the one who emerged triumphant in both fights."
Pacquiao, who also serves as a representative in the Filipino Congress, is regarded by many as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world and has won 53 of his 58 career fights.
Marquez, though, insists he should have been declared the winner in their two clashes to date.
The Mexican has been seen sporting a t-shirt that says "Marquez beat Pacquiao twice!!" and claims he will put the record straight when they step into the ring for the third time.
"Everyone, including many of my countrymen, believes he (Pacquiao) really won those fights," Marquez said through an interpreter.
But he added that he "will prove them (his countrymen) wrong after this fight."
Pacquiao later told Sky Sports that he was hopeful his much-anticipated fight with Floyd Mayweather -- the other superstar of his boxing generation -- could finally take place soon.
"Hopefully the fight will be next year," he said. "It will be a good fight if it happens. I'm sure millions of people would love it but right now I'm focusing on Saturday."