How much do you know about Azerbaijan?
- CNN's Jim Clancy explains the secret to Azerbaijan's name, a country where pagan fire-worshiping was once common.
- Tough, strong and noble; these are the sorts of qualities one would expect from a national symbol.
- Decadently expensive, caviar is king in the Caspian Sea but sturgeon there are becoming dangerously rare.
- Chess grandmaster Garry Kasparov was born in Baku and the sport remains an obsessions for young Azerbaijanis.
- CNN's Jim Boulden visits the captial of Azerbaijan and takes the pulse of the country trying to forge a bright future.
- Who were the Zoroastrians and how much of the world's oil did Azerbaijan produce at the turn of the 20th century?
- Azerbaijan is an oil and gas rich nation that hugs the western shore of the Caspian Sea.