(CNN) -- Injured Formula One driver Robert Kubica has left hospital nearly three months after a rally accident nearly cost him his hand, according to reports in Italian media on Sunday.
The Polish driver had been recovering at the Santa Corona hospital in the town of Pietra Ligure after crashing out of February's Ronde di Andora rally in Northern Italy which left him requiring surgery to arm and leg injuries.
"Robert Kubica is no longer at the Santa Corona hospital at Pietra Ligure. He is in good condition. The driver will be able to begin a new phase of rehabilitation outside hospital," the clinic said in a statement made available to AFP.
Kubica, who has been ruled out of the whole of the Formula One 2011 season will continue his recovery as an outpatient, with regular appointments at the clinic scheduled, the hospital's statement added.
The Renault Formula One driver narrowly escaped having his right arm and hand amputated after he crashed at high speed during the rally on February 6 and required extensive surgery.
The Gazzetta dello sport newspaper quoted Dr Riccardo Ceccarelli (Renault's team consultant), who said that Kubica was unlikely to make a return to Formula One for another six months.