Skip to main content

Official: Carbon monoxide sickens 54 at Colorado hockey game

From Maria White, CNN
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Several adults, teens and children undergo treatment
  • None of the patients face life-threatening injuries, a hospital official says

CNN affiliate KMGH has more on the story.

(CNN) -- Fifty-four people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning during a youth hockey tournament in western Colorado, a hospital official said early Monday.

Several adults, teens and children were treated for various degrees of carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday after the tournament in the town of Gunnison.

None of the patients faced life-threatening injuries, said Randy Phelps, the CEO at Gunnison Valley Health Hospital.

Several were released -- but two were transported to Denver for further treatment, Phelps said.

There was no word on what caused the leak.