Skip to main content

'Dragon Tattoo' sequel won't be released in 2013, still in the works

By Rob Brunner, EW.com
August 22, 2012 -- Updated 2032 GMT (0432 HKT)
Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig will both appear in
Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig will both appear in "The Girl Who Played With Fire."
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • "The Girl Who Played With Fire" will not be in theaters late next year
  • "Dragon Tattoo" screenwriter Steven Zaillian is still working on the script
  • Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig are both locked in for the sequel

(EW.com) -- "The Girl Who Played With Fire," the sequel to last year's David Fincher-directed "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," will not be in theaters late next year as had originally been hoped, a source close to the production tells EW.

"Dragon Tattoo" screenwriter Steven Zaillian is still working on the script, and nothing will move forward until the screenplay is nailed down.

While there's still no director attached, Fincher remains the first choice and hasn't ruled out returning. And despite the uncertain timetable, the film is still definitely moving forward, although the source says that they are not in a rush and at this point there is no information about when it might be released.

In November, Sony Pictures Entertainment Co-Chairman Amy Pascal told us that stars Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig were both locked in for the sequel.

See the full article at EW.com.

CLICK HERE to Try 2 RISK FREE issues of Entertainment Weekly

© 2011 Entertainment Weekly and Time Inc. All rights reserved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT