July 21 2005 London Bombings Fast Facts

LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 30:  A London Underground train arrives in Victoria station on March 30, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Oli Scarff/Getty Images)

(CNN)Here's a look at what you need to know about the unsuccessful terrorist bombings on July 21, 2005 in London. No one was killed or injured in the attacks.

The attacks took place two weeks after a similar attack killed 52 people and injured more than 700.
The bombs were homemade and believed to contain white peroxide-based explosive, a description consistent with the highly volatile triacetone triperoxide, or TATP.
    July 21, 2005 -
    Four bombing incidents in London take place almost simultaneously, three on subway trains, one on a bus. Small blasts occur at Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations. Scotland Yard also responds to an "incident" on a bus at Hackney and Columbia Road in east London. There are no casualties.
    July 23, 2005 - Police recover a fifth undetonated device in a west London park.
    July 26, 2005 - Investigators identify the suspects in the July 21 bombings as East African immigrants.
    July 27, 2005 - Yassin Hassan Omar, a 24-year-old Somali man with British residency, is one of four men arrested in Birmingham, about 100 miles north of London. Police identify another suspected bomber, Muktar Said Ibrahim, an Eritrea native who became a British citizen in 2003.
    July 28, 2005 - Police arrest nine men in the Tooting area of south London, bringing the number of those in custody to 20.
    July 29, 2005 - Police capture two of the 7/21 suspects, Muktar Said Ibrahim and Ramzi Mohammed, at the Dalgarno Gardens apartments in London's North Kensington neighborhood. The suspected fourth bomber, an Ethiopian named Hamdi Adus Isaac, is captured in Italy after Scotland Yard and Italian authorities monitor his cell phone as he travels from London to Rome.
    August 3, 2005 - Ismail Abdurahman, 23, from Kensington, south London, is the first person to be charged in the 7/21 attempted bombings. Abdurahman is charged with violation of Section 38B of Britain's Terrorism Act 2000, for failing to report information about a terrorist act to police.
    August 6, 2005 - British police have now arrested 39 people in Britain after searching more than a dozen London addresses, plus two locations in Birmingham, in connection with the bombings. Of those, seven have been charged and 10 remain in police custody in connection with the investigation. One man is being held under a European arrest warrant in Rome.
    August 7, 2005 - British police announce that a total of five men have now been charged: Muktar Said Ibrahim, 27, attempted murder and conspiracy to murder; Ramzi Mohammed, 23, attempted murder and conspiracy to murder; Manfo Kwaku Asiedu, 32, conspiracy to murder; Siraj Yassin Abdullah Ali, 30, and Wharbi Mohammed, 22, both charged with assisting in evading arrest.
    September 22, 2005 - Suspect Hamdi Isaac arrives in Great Britain after being extradited from Italy. Isaac, 27, was arrested July 29 in Rome on a European arrest warrant.
    April 28, 2006 - Five suspects, Muktar Said Ibrahim, Ramzi Mohammed, Yassin Omar, Manfo Asiedu, and Hussein Osman, appear via video link at the Central Criminal Court, all pleading "not guilty" to the charges of murder, conspiracy, possession of explosives and conspiracy to cause explosions likely to endanger life and property. The indictment for the sixth defendant, Adel Yahya, is postponed until June. He is accused of conspiracy to cause explosions.
    July 9, 2007 - The jury convicts four of the defendants on the charges of conspiracy to commit murder: Muktar Said Ibrahim, Yassin Omar, Ramzi Mohammed, and Hussain Osman.
    July 10, 2007 - The jury fails to reach a verdict on the remaining two defendants: Manfo Kwaku Asiedu and Adel Yahya.
    November 5, 2007 - Adel Yahya receives six years in jail after pleading guilty to collecting information likely to be used in a terrorist act.
    November 20, 2007 - Manfo Asiedu is given a 33-year sentence after he pleads to conspiracy to cause explosions.
    February 2008 - After a four-month trial, five men are convicted for assisting the would-be bombers and hiding information: Wahbi Mohammed (17 years), Siraj Yassin Abdullah Ali (12 years), Ismail Abdurahman (10 years), Abdul Waxid Sherif (10 years), Muhedin Ali (seven years).
    2011 - Siraj Yassin Abdullah Ali and Ismail Abdurahman are freed early, Ali serving less than his reduced nine-year sentence and Abdurahman serving less than his reduced eight-year sentence.
    April 30, 2012 - Internal al Qaeda documents surface providing details that British-subject and al Qaeda operative Rashid Rauf planned the 2005 London bombings carried out by groups led by Mohammed Siddique Khan on July 7 and Muktar Said Ibrahimon on July 21.
    September 2012 - Manfo Asiedu, Muktar Ibrahim, Yassin Omar and Ramzi Mohammed appeal their convictions to the Criminal Cases Review Commission and Court of Appeal. They contend their devices never would have exploded and their actions were more of a hoax against the invasion of Iraq than terrorism.
    December 16, 2014 - Muktar Ibrahim, Ramzi Mohammed and Yassin Omar lose an appeal against their convictions in the European Court of Human Rights.
    April 30, 2015 - The Criminal Cases Review Commission and Court of Appeal denies Manfo Asiedu's application for an appeal of his 2007 conviction on charges of conspiracy to cause explosions likely to endanger life.
    June 1, 2015 - After having their appeals thrown out by the European Court of Human Rights in December, a new set of judges, from a higher Grand Chamber of the court, will look at the conviction appeals of Muktar Ibrahim, Ramzi Mohammed, Yassin Omar and Ismail Abdurahman. Thier claims center around the fact that access to legal counsel was delayed during the time they were being questioned by police.