Bomb kills two civilian contractors in Afghanistan, ISAF says

U.S. soldiers and Afghan security forces search the site of a suicide bombing in Kabul, Afghanistan, on February 10, 2014.

Two civilian contractors working with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force were killed in a vehicle-bomb explosion in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, ISAF said.

The attack was a suicide car bombing targeting an ISAF military convoy in eastern Kabul, near the country's largest detention center, according to one of the city's district police chiefs, Akbar Ali.

Six other people were injured in the attack, Ali said.

What's next for Afghanistan?
Afghan President Hamid Karzai speaks during a joint press conference with NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen.


    What's next for Afghanistan?


What's next for Afghanistan? 01:08

The insurgent group Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin claimed responsibility for the attack, according to group spokesman Eng Haroon Zarghob.

Details about the contractors, including their nationalities, weren't immediately available.

READ: Report: Afghan civilian casualties rose 14% last year

READ: U.S. official: Military dog seized by Taliban belongs to British