2. Siem Reap, Cambodia – Siem Reap, Cambodia, is No. 2 on the list, jumping seven spots from last year. TripAdvisor's award-winning destinations were selected using an algorithm that factors in the quality and quantity of user reviews and ratings for hotels, restaurants and attractions over a 12-month period.
3. Istanbul, Turkey – Istanbul dropped two spots from its No. 1 ranking last year to take the No. 3 spot on the 2015 Travelers' Choice global list of top destinations.
4. Hanoi, Vietnam – Hanoi jumped four spots to take this year's No. 4 spot.
5. Prague, Czech Republic – Prague held on to its No. 5 ranking on the global list for the second consecutive year.
6. London, England – London dropped three spots this year to take the No. 6 spot on the 2015 list.
7. Rome, Italy – Rome dropped five spots from 2014 to No. 7.
8. Buenos Aires, Argentina – Buenos Aires climbed six rungs to No. 8 on TripAdvisor's 2015 global list.
9. Paris, France – Paris dropped two spots from 2014 to No. 9 on this year's top destinations list.
10. Cape Town, South Africa – Cape Town climbed nine rungs to round out this year's top 10.
12. Zermatt, Switzerland – The famous Matterhorn no doubt helped Zermatt, Switzerland break into the top 25 this year.
13. Barcelona, Spain – Barcelona climbed two spots to No. 13 this year.
14. Cappadocia, Turkey – Goreme in the Turkish region of Cappadocia, pictured, is a newcomer to the top 25 at No. 14.
15. Ubud, Indonesia – Ubud in Bali, Indonesia, is No. 15 among TripAdvisor's 2015 best global destinations.
16. Cusco, Peru – Cusco, Peru, a gateway to Machu Picchu and home to colorful traditions including this Takanakuy ritual, is this year's 16th-ranked destination.
17. St. Petersburg, Russia – St. Petersburg dropped one spot to No. 17 on this year's list.
18. Bangkok, Thailand – Bangkok climbed two spots to No. 18 on the 2015 global list of the world's best destinations.
19. Kathmandu, Nepal – Kathmandu, where revelers recently celebrated the Holi festival of colors, is ranked 19th on the global list.
20. Athens, Greece – The impressive Greek city of Athens is No. 20 in 2015.
21. Budapest, Hungary – Budapest retained its No. 21 rank year over year.
22. Queenstown, New Zealand – Queenstown, New Zealand is this year's No. 22 destination. Here, a competitor in the 2013 IPC Alpine Adaptive Slalom World Cup rides up to a race start line.
23. Hong Kong – Hong Kong ranks No. 23 on TripAdvisor's 2015 Travelers' Choice list.
24. Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Dubai dropped from No. 17 in 2014 to No. 24 on this year's list.
25. Sydney, Australia – Sydney rounds out the list at No. 25, dropping from No. 22 last year.