- If you want to work smarter, you have to eat smarter
- The gut is a "second brain" and when it's healthy, the person is happier
- Our digestive system is the key to making our brain work better and making us healthier
'Thinking Business' focuses on the psychology of getting ahead in the workplace by exploring techniques to boost employee performance, increase creativity and productivity.
(CNN)You don't need another degree to boost your brainpower at work. According to one author and neurologist, if you want to work smarter, you have to eat smarter.
A nation of sick
Six steps to improve gut ecology
- Leafy greens, spinach, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, garlic, jimica and ginger
- Low-sugar fruits -- avocado, bell peppers, tomato, squash, zucchini, lemons and limes
- Healthy fat -- extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, organic butter, almond milk, olives, nuts, nut butters
- Protein -- whole eggs, wild fish, shellfish, grass-fed meat, fowl, poultry
- Herbs, seasoning and condiments -- mustard, horseradish, tapenade, salsa (if they are gluten and wheat free and free of soy or sugars)