- At least seven people are killed in a series of explosions in southern China
- The blasts are believed to have been caused by parcel bombs, local media report
- Police have named a 33-year-old man as a suspect, Xinhua news agency says
Initial investigations suggest the explosions were caused by 17 parcel bombs in the seat of Liucheng county and the surrounding area, China's state-run Xinhua news agency said.
Emergency services rushed to the scenes of the blasts, which caused severe damage to buildings and vehicles, it said. The first occurred around 3:50 p.m. Wednesday.
Police named a 33-year-old man from Liucheng Tai Po town as a suspect in the explosions and said their investigations were continuing, Xinhua reported.
The People's Daily, a national newspaper, said the suspect paid couriers to deliver the letter bombs across Liucheng. A further 60 suspicious parcels had been identified and bomb disposal units were "on their way."
On Thursday, Xinhua reported another explosion at a residential building at around 8 am. There were no initial reports of casualties.
It added there had been separate explosions at locations including a shopping mall, prison, hospital, public service dormitories and vegetable market.
Authorities said they had ruled out a terrorist attack.