There are between 20 million and 36 million slaves in the world right now, including 5.5 million children. The CNN Freedom Project
has been shining a spotlight on the horrors of modern slavery, but now we need your help. We want you to join our #FlyToFreedom
campaign to help fight slavery.
1) Make a paper plane.
2) Write a pledge on the plane -- something you're going to do to help fight modern slavery.
3) Show us your plane and pledge on social media using the hashtag #FlyToFreedom.
4) Nominate two friends to do the same by tagging them in your social media post.
Your planes and pledges could be featured on CNN.com and in a special video on CNN International TV.
Your pledge can make a difference
Here are some examples of pledges you could make:
- "I will donate to an anti-trafficking charity."
Go to cnn.com/freedomcharities
to see just some of the charities working in this field.
- "The next gift I buy will be slavery free."
You can find out more about forced labor in the supply chain at slaveryfootprint.org
, Fair Trade USA
are among the organizations that certify that products are slavery free.
- "I will ask my government representative what they are doing to end slavery."
Or you can come up with your own pledge -- whatever you think you can do to help.
Please take a few minutes to join us. Together, let's show the world that it's time to end slavery.
Follow the #FlyToFreedom initiative at @CNNFreedom. Learn more about modern slavery at CNN.com/freedom