- At least 8 people have been killed in the storm
- It's expected to get worse early Saturday morning
- 10 states have declared a state of emergency
This is a previous day's story. Please see our current day's reporting here.
(CNN)Up to 85 million people are in the path of a worsening winter storm that's hit much of the East Coast of the United States.
By the numbers:
- Eight people dead nationwide
- Six fatalities were North Carolina, one in Virginia and one in Kentucky
- 132,739 customers without power across the Southeast as of Friday, with 125,000 in the Carolinas, according to Duke Energy.
- 8,835 flights canceled from Friday through Sunday.
- 989 traffic crashes and 793 disabled vehicles responded to by Virginia State Police as of late Friday night
- 18-40 inches. That's how much snow some areas areas could receive, according to meteorologists.
- 55 mph wind gusts possible in Norfolk, Virginia.