- Gen. Votel called ISIS "abhorrent"
- CNN is traveling with Votel to the Middle East
Ramstein Air Base, Germany (CNN)The recent string of deadly ISIS bombings in Baghdad has the top U.S. commander in the region concerned that the Iraqi government could pull back from fighting the terror group as it seeks to fortify its capital.
The fight for Mosul
- Eventually recapturing Mosul, although that may not happen for months.
- Stabilizing Anbar Province, which the U.S. believes may be the launching point for many of the attacks in Baghdad.
- Pressuring and isolating Raqqa -- ISIS' self-declared capital in Syria.