(CNN)Editor's note: Dominic Wring is Professor of Political Communication, Loughborough University, UK. CNN is showcasing the work of The Conversation, a collaboration between journalists and academics to provide news analysis and commentary. The content is produced solely by The Conversation. The views expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.
Voting on a knife edge
- The non-Brit's guide to Brexit
- Who's who in the UK referendum?
- Europe wants UK to stay, but won't beg
- In or out? A tale of two British towns
- Five reasons Europe would miss UK
- Why security is key to Brexit vote
- If Britain votes 'Leave,' what next?
- Curry chefs spice up referendum
- Timeline: Britain's troubled Europe ties
- Brexit and immigration: Will it change?
- Why Brexit vote should worry Trump
- Europe's nervous silence on Brexit