London (CNN)Shaun Brierley kept his deployment to Iraq a secret from his parents. A father himself, the 28-year old didn't want them to lose sleep over any dangers he might face in the war zone.
- A report on Britain's role in the Iraq War, including events that led to the conflict and its aftermath
- It has taken longer to publish than the war actually lasted
- Commissioned by Britain's then-Prime Minister Gordon Brown in 2009
- Written by John Chilcot, from the inquiry he chaired between 2009 and 2011
- The 12-volume, 2.6 million-word report is almost three times as long as the complete works of Shakespeare