- U.S. Secretary of State urges Turkey to give coup plotters due process
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to U.S.: We are partners so send cleric back
- Judges detained, soldiers surrender after coup attempt
(CNN)Declaring his government firmly in control, a defiant Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday demanded the United States arrest or extradite an exiled Islamic cleric he blames for a coup attempt that ended with nearly 200 people dead.
Latest example of Turkey's deteriorating stability
Key air base closed
Uprising 'under control'
• At least 161 people killed
• 2,839 military officers were detained
• At least 1,140 people wounded
• 1 airfield still under military faction's control
• At least 200 soldiers turned themselves in to police in Ankara
• 11 years: Erdogan's reign as Prime Minister
• 2014: Year that Erdogan ran for President -- and won