(CNN)If you're not up on the latest events in Turkey, here's a brief explainer about the coup attempt and what brought it about.
What exactly happened?
Who is to blame?
Could Gulen be behind it?
• At least 161 civilians killed
• 1,140 people wounded
• 6,000 people arrested
• 2,839 military officers detained
• Nearly 200 top Turkish court officials in custody, including:
• 140 members of the Supreme Court, 48 members of the Council of State
• 11 years: Erdogan's reign as Prime Minister
• 2014: Year that Erdogan ran for President -- and won