- As part of the London Design Festival, Brompton Design District has asked designers to come up with their own cocktails
- The drinks are on the menu at the the Hourglass Pub until Sept. 27
(CNN)With the London Design Festival well underway, the city is aflutter not only with new chairs and novel exhibitions, but with champagne receptions here, there and everywhere, making the week-long event an all but sobering affair.
Designer Martino Gamper presents: The Gingerini
- Ginger root
- Grate ginger and squeeze to extract juice.
- Add juice to handful of blended strawberries.
- Stir with champagne and ice.
Apartamento Magazine Editor-in-Chief Marco Velardi presents: The Apartamento Espresso Martini
- 1 double espresso
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 oz vodka
- 1/3 oz Frangelico
- Combine all ingredients in shaker and shake like madman for about one minute until shaker is frosty.
- Pour through strainer into martini glass. Serve.
Designer Max Lamb presents: White River
- Pinch kaolin (china clay)
- Spring water
- Gorse flower to garnish
Arabeschi di Latte founder Francesca Sarti presents: Pretty Hanky Panky
- 1 ½ oz Italian vermouth
- 1 ½ oz dry gin
- 2 dashes China Elixir
- 1 drop Belladonna natural drops
- Combine and stir.
- Strain into (4 oz) cocktail glass.
- Garnish with piece of chinchona bark.