- At least 2 people have died because of Hurricane Matthew in the last week
- The United States is evacuating nonessential personnel from its naval base at Guantanamo Bay
Are you affected by Hurricane Matthew? If it is safe for you to do so, WhatsApp us on *+44 7435 939 154* to share your photos, experiences and video. Please tag #CNNiReport in your message.
(CNN)Haiti braced for a pounding Monday night as Hurricane Matthew slowly, powerfully spun across the Caribbean Sea.
Epic rainfall, brutal strength in Haiti
Bracing for a monstrous storm in Jamaica
Hurricane warning is in effect for:
• The Cuban provinces of Guantanamo, Santiago de Cuba, Holguin, Granma and Las Tunas
* The Southeastern Bahamas, including the Inaguas, Mayaguana, Acklins, Crooked Island, Long Cay and Ragged Island
Hurricane watch is in effect for:
* The Turks and Caicos archipelago
* The central Bahamas, including Long Island, Exuma, Rum Cay, San Salvador, and Cat Island
• The Cuban province of Camaguey
Source: National Hurricane Center