- US Defense Secretary arrives in Erbil, southeast of Mosul
- Peshmerga forces launch new offensive from Mosul's northeast
(CNN)ISIS rounded up and killed 284 men and boys as Iraqi-led coalition forces closed in on Mosul, the terror group's last major stronghold in Iraq, an Iraqi intelligence source told CNN.
- US Defense Secretary Ash Carter arrived in Erbil on Sunday, after commenting that the Mosul operation was going to plan
- Peshmerga forces started an offensive from two fronts in Bashiqa, northeast of Mosul, the Peshmerga General Command said Sunday
- Prime Minister Abadi reiterated his view that Iraq does not need Turkey's assistance in the battle
- Kurdish officials accused Sunni Arabs in Kirkuk of supporting ISIS a day after attacks killed dozens
- Iraqis displaced by the Mosul offensive are seeking shelter in camps, the UN refugee agency said