- The sanctions target North Korea's exports, particularly coal
- They aim to limit access to cash to fund nuclear and ballistic missiles programs
New York (CNN)North Korea has been slammed with its toughest sanctions ever in a harsh international reprimand to the rogue state's repeated nuclear and missile tests.
Sanctions include export, luxury goods
- A binding cap to cut North Korea's coal exports by 62%, or at least $700m each year
- Banning the export of statues, from which the country earns tens of millions of dollars each year
- Banning the export of non-ferrous metals including copper, nickel, silver and zinc, worth $100m each year
- Luxury items were added to the banned list including rugs and tapestries worth more than $500 and tableware and china above $100