- Peter Bergen says there's no evidence of terrorists among Syrian refugees to the United States
- Syrian refugees are the victims of terrorism, not perpetrators of it, he writes
Peter Bergen is CNN's national security analyst, a vice president at New America and a professor of practice at Arizona State University. He is the author of "United States of Jihad: Investigating America's Homegrown Terrorists."
(CNN)On Friday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order that effectively suspends the entry of Syrian refugees into the United States indefinitely. As he signed the order, President Trump said that this was "to keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States."
- 134 million banned from US
- What the ban says: The full text
- What to know about the restrictions
- Legal battle begins
- The ban's Christian focus
- A family's plight just got more complicated
- Bergen: Trump's big mistake
- All of Trump's executive orders, memos and proclamations
- Comparing Trump to previous presidents