- French electorate chooses between two outsider candidates on May 7
- The centrist Macron and far-right Le Pen hold very different positions on key issues
(CNN)The French electorate are preparing to make a historical decision as they head to the polls on Sunday May 7 -- for the first time, neither candidate is from the mainstream. Fed up of the parties that have dominated French politics for decades, voters opted for the two candidates that promised the biggest shakeup -- Marine Le Pen and Emmanuel Macron.
- Is this Macron's election to lose?
- Why Putin and Trump both like Le Pen
- Macron vs. Le Pen: What do they stand for?
- Why you should care about the French election
- Fears of Russian meddling in French election
- Macron: I'll avoid Clinton mistake
- Marine Le Pen: The person behind the party
- French election turns dirty
- The problems facing France's next president