The headlines in 2007 were marked by tragedy and scandal, from the Virginia Tech massacre and Minnesota bridge collapse to the arrests of Michael Vick and Larry Craig.
Take a look back at some of the year’s top stories »
Looking Back At The Year
• Timeline: Top stories of 2007
• Remembering literary, entertainment, music, sports and political figures
• Sports heroes fall from grace in 2007
• Timeline: Biggest political stories of 2007
• Jib Jab: Anna Nicole, Alberto Gonzales, the iPhone and more
• Your Picks: Rank the top 10 stories of the year
• What was your favorite video of 2007?
• Harry Potter, 'Sopranos' saga come to an end
• EW: 25 top entertainers of the year
• Contaminated food, deadly illnesses make news
• Top 19 health breakthroughs for women in 2007
• Anna Nicole, O.J., Phil Spector make legal headlines
• Google, Facebook, iPhone among top sci-tech stories
• PopSci: Best of what's new in cars, computing and more
• From Barcelona to Hong Kong, the best new restaurants of 2007
• I-Report reaches new heights with user video, Second Life
• I-Report: What news affected you most this year?
• Time.com: 50 top 10 lists of 2007
Send, share, see your stories on CNN
What news affected you the most during 2007? It might have been an international story that touched your heart, or something closer to home -- maybe even a neighborhood event or something affecting friends and family. Let us know what you think were the most important stories of the past 12 months.