Santa Claus may be hard at work as the holidays approach, but he will find many Americans struggling with a troubled economy. CNN.com and our partners offer some shopping strategies and gift ideas to help you through the season of giving.
Make It Festive
• Fake gadgets put the 'Gotcha!' in giving
• How to make a 'Love Box'
• Making the most of not-so-jolly holidays
• A guide to new CD and DVD box sets
• Go green with these stocking stuffers
• Gadgets that are topping wish lists | Electronics under $500
• Gift registries expand beyond weddings, baby showers
• Add meaning to practical gifts
• What kids want for Christmas this year
• 'Black Friday virgin' gets first taste of shopping ritual
• Make magic, save cash with DIY gifts
• Donate to charity with one of these presents
• Seven steps to smarter shopping
• Get resourceful with gift wrapping
• Oprah.com: Black belt shopping strategies
• Real Simple: 50 fabulous gifts under $50
• CNNMoney: For stores, a very un-merry holiday
• CNNMoney: Christmas mail volume falls, Postal Service reports
• CNNMoney: Polls shows 67 percent cutting back on holiday spending
• Why gift cards are risky this year
• CNNMoney: One in 3 toys is toxic, group says
• Layaway makes a comeback
• Holiday icon fights slowdown by 'tweeting,' texting
• Explaining to kids that Santa's on a budget
• Time's running out for those seeking holiday work
• CNNMoney: Companies axe holiday parties
It pays to be Santa
What to buy?
Ways to save
Keep your holidays bright and your wallet happy with these nine tips.
We want to hear about your retail adventures. Are you braving long lines and huge crowds at the mall? Or are the stores around you deserted this year? Send us photos and video of your shopping experiences.