Santa Claus may be hard at work as the holidays approach, but he will find many Americans struggling with a troubled economy. CNN.com and our partners offer some shopping strategies and gift ideas to help you through the season of giving.
Make It Festive
• Fake gadgets put the 'Gotcha!' in giving
• How to make a 'Love Box'
• Making the most of not-so-jolly holidays
• A guide to new CD and DVD box sets
• Go green with these stocking stuffers
• Gadgets that are topping wish lists | Electronics under $500
• Gift registries expand beyond weddings, baby showers
• Add meaning to practical gifts
• What kids want for Christmas this year
• 'Black Friday virgin' gets first taste of shopping ritual
• Make magic, save cash with DIY gifts
• Donate to charity with one of these presents
• Seven steps to smarter shopping
• Get resourceful with gift wrapping
• Oprah.com: Black belt shopping strategies
• Real Simple: 50 fabulous gifts under $50
• CNNMoney: For stores, a very un-merry holiday
• CNNMoney: Christmas mail volume falls, Postal Service reports
• CNNMoney: Polls shows 67 percent cutting back on holiday spending
• Why gift cards are risky this year
• CNNMoney: One in 3 toys is toxic, group says
• Layaway makes a comeback
• Holiday icon fights slowdown by 'tweeting,' texting
• Explaining to kids that Santa's on a budget
• Time's running out for those seeking holiday work
• CNNMoney: Companies axe holiday parties
It pays to be Santa
What to buy?
Ways to save
Keep your holidays bright and your wallet happy with these nine tips.