A Worldwide Investigation
• Massive Antarctic ice shelf on verge of collapse
• Study: Global warming threatens forests
• Anderson Cooper free dives with great white sharks | Photos
• World's most valuable resource, a curse for most Nigerians
• Drought parches much of the U.S., may get worse
• Commentary: Good planets are hard to find
• Shark fin soup alters an ecosystem
• Lisa Ling visits ground zero in fight to save sharks
• Commentary: Only China can save our sharks
• History of environmental movement full of twists, turns
• Tracking deadly zoonotic viruses spread from animals to humans
• Commentary: What unites James Bond and dead monkeys?
• Behind the scenes with Anderson Cooper, Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Lisa Ling
• Making of 'Battle Lines': Planet in Peril producers have monkeypox scare
• Save the planet: Go green with these tips for home, work and travel
• PopSci: Five looming eco-disasters
• Scientific American: Global food crisis
• Oprah.com: 11 things you can do now to save the planet
• PopSci: Five ways you're killing the planet
• Oprah.com: Eight simple ideas to save energy
• Scientific American: Eating Africa's forest wildlife to extinction
• Scientific American: Solutions for sustainable environmental progress
• Latest headlines: More Planet in Peril news
Notes from the Field
• Lisa Ling: Nothing but death in the toxic air
• Lisa Ling: Surveying elephants with jubilation, horror
• Drilling in Alaskan Arctic could present whale of a problem | Video
• Tuberculosis running rampant in some Peruvian villages
• Drilling into Greenland's icy past may predict future
• In the new century: Energy security is national security
• Watching the Arctic ice melt
• Shark population threatened near Costa Rica
• Anderson's View: Who murdered the mountain gorillas?
• Gorilla discovery in Congo boost species survival hopes
• Shark fin soup is tasty; but so is a Twinkee
• Shark finning: Altering an ecosystem
• Kenya's epic migration under threat
Vlogs On Assignment
About the show"Planet in Peril: Battle Lines" examines the environmental conflicts between growing populations and natural resources. A worldwide investigation and two-hour documentary, hosted by Anderson Cooper, chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta and "The Oprah Winfrey Show" correspondent and National Geographic host Lisa Ling.
The investigation continues at "Planet in Peril"
Revisit the award-winning 2007 documentary
Send your questions and comments to "Planet in Peril"
Behind the scenes
For Parents & EducatorsUse these in-depth research activities and guides to help young people understand the issues facing the planet.
• Learning activity
• Pre-viewing questions
• Post-viewing discussion questions
• Video explainers: Zoonotic Diseases | Ecotourism