Whether it's an individual with an ingenious fix or a company with a revolutionary product, CNN explores some of the solutions to environmental problems -- both in your backyard and around the globe.
• Green burials: Woman's dying wish to be 'home for fish'
• Wheat music: Sustainable products made from grain
• What to do with millions of tossed plastic bottles made from petroleum
• 'Jackpot' discovery could feed 30 million hungry people
• Solar-powered cars: How far off is the technology?
• Volunteers show how saving oysters = cleaner oceans
• See how one man's invention re-thinks the idea of garbage
• A Tennessee professor creates re-useable bags to help the environment
• Scientists develop fake wood to help overburdened landfills
• An eco-friendly way to cool big trucks
• Hybrids trick out, plug in
• Software saves trees, cash, headaches
• Florida airport tests hydrogen engines
• Wind farm to be built off Delaware shore
• Solar power helps family slash energy bills
• Powdered tires tread new ground
• New concrete filters rainwater in dirty alleys
Turning trash into fashion
Fashion designers are giving new life to worthless candy wrappers, newspapers and plastic bags; turning trash into trendy tote bags, purses and jewelry. Story
Get the latest news on topics ranging from space to cyberspace and from science to the environment.
• Check out the blog
ON CNN TV
Each week catch the latest Solutions stories:
• CNN: Friday at 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. ET
• HLN: Friday 2 p.m., Saturday 10:30 a.m., Sunday 1:30 p.m. ET