Skip to main content /WORLD
CNN.com /WORLD
SERVICES
CNN TV
EDITIONS



Sex film fear prompts WW2 camp ban

PRAGUE, Czech Republic -- Plans to make a pornographic film at a former World War II concentration camp site in the Czech Republic have led to a ban on video cameras.

Newspaper reports have said that Robert Rosenberg, a Czech actor and producer of pornographic movies, intends to shoot a film at Theresienstadt.

More than 140,000 Jews and other undesirables of the Nazi regime were sent to Theresienstadt between 1942 and 1945 -- 34,000 died while 88,000 others were sent to death camps elsewhere.

Jan Munk, director of a monument to victims of the camp, which is 60 kilometres (40 miles) north of Prague, said on Monday that he had no choice but to ban video cameras.

He told The Associated Press: "I did the only thing I could do: I banned all video cameras here."

Auschwitz 'helpful'

The blanket ban was imposed after Rosenberg was reported to be planning to shoot his next film at the camp.

Munk said he has received no request from Rosenberg or his Rebel Production for permission to shoot in Theresienstadt, but added that it would be out of the question.

"No permission was given and no permission will be given," Munk said. He added however, that he cannot rule out that some shots of the site had been recorded on a video camera during a regular tour.

Rosenberg confirmed he had already made some recordings on a video camera at the site "to see what we can use."

He stressed, however, that "the film, about World War II, will be no porno -- just an erotic film.

"I don't know why the people in Terezin are so mad about it," Rosenberg said. "We went to Auschwitz, too, and the people there seemed much more helpful."



 
 
 
 







RELATED SITES:
WORLD TOP STORIES:

 Search   

Back to the top