- The White House issues a statement explaining the Iran nuclear deal
- It includes details on halting progress of Iran's nuclear program
- It also lays out the "temporary, reversible relief" for Iran
The White House late Saturday issued a detailed synopsis, or "fact sheet," of the six-month deal regarding Iran's nuclear program.
Below is a copy of the agreement's details, verbatim from the White House:
Halting the progress of Iran's program and rolling back key elements
Iran has committed to halt enrichment above 5%:
• Halt all enrichment (above 5% and dismantle the technical connections required to enrich above 5%.
Iran has committed to neutralize its stockpile of near-20% uranium:
• Dilute below 5% or convert to a form not suitable for further enrichment its entire stockpile of near-20% enriched uranium before the end of the initial phase.
Iran has committed to halt progress on its enrichment capacity:
• Not install additional centr