Islamabad, Pakistan CNN —
A fire sparked by a short circuit at a shop quickly engulfed a three-story shopping center in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore on Monday, killing at least 13 people.
The fire broke out at the Anarkali Bazaar. The building, which mostly houses shops that sells watches and clocks, had no firefighting equipment and no emergency exits, said fire official Jam Sajjad.
People inside were forced to flee through a single door, and most of the victims suffocated to death, said police official Asad Sarfraz.