Three men sought in 1982 attack on kosher restaurant in Paris

Story highlights

  • Paris prosecutor: Arrest warrant is issued for three men suspected in the 1982 attack
  • Six people were killed and 22 people injured in the attack on the kosher restaurant

Paris (CNN)International arrest warrants have been issued for three men suspected of having carried out a 1982 attack on a Jewish restaurant in Paris, the spokeswoman for the Paris prosecutor said Wednesday.

Six people were killed and 22 injured in the attack on the Jo Goldenberg kosher restaurant on Rue des Rosiers in the French capital's central Marais district.
    The three suspects live in Ramallah, West Bank; Jordan; and Norway, the prosecutor's spokeswoman, Agnes Thibault-Lecuivre, told CNN.
    According to CNN's French affiliate BFMTV, a live grenade was thrown into the restaurant, in the heart of Paris' historic Jewish quarter, in August 1982 when it was packed with customers. The attackers then opened fire with guns.
    Investigators attributed the attack at the time to a Palestinian splinter group, BFMTV reported, but no group claimed responsibility.
    News of the arrest warrants comes at a time of at a time of heightened sensitivity in France over religion and terrorist threats.
    Four people were killed in a terror attack in January on a kosher supermarket in Paris by an Islamist extremist, Amedy Coulibaly, who also shot a policewoman. Two other gunmen killed 12 more people in an attack on the satirical Charlie Hebdo magazine, targeted because it published cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.
    Several cemeteries were also vandalized last month, with the damage including swastikas scrawled inside two Jewish cemeteries.