London (CNN)Two men were arrested in connection with a planned attack against civil servants in the French city of Orléans that was foiled last week, French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said Tuesday.
French investigators arrest two terror suspects
Cazeneuve told reporters in Toulouse the two suspects are French and appeared before a judge on Saturday.
One man, who is 24, was known by police from when he was a juvenile. The other man, a 20-year-old, was not known by authorities.
Both men had been in touch with a man in Syria, Cazeneuve said.
"The investigation will determine whether or not this man was the ringleader of this foiled attack," Cazeneuve said, referring to the man in Syria.
They had planned to attack workers in Orléans, in north-central France about a 90-minute drive from downtown Paris.