- American Academy of Sleep Medicine releases updated sleep recommendations for children
- Lack of sleep can be associated with physical and mental problems
(CNN)Every parent knows that children need sufficient sleep to stay healthy and do well in school. But exactly how many hours of sleep do children of different ages need per day?
- Babies 4 months to 12 months: 12 to 16 hours
- Children 1 to 2 years old: 11 to 14 hours
- Children 3 to 5 years old: 10 to 13 hours
- Children 6 to 12 years old: nine to 12 hours
- Teenagers 13 to 18 years old: eight to 10 hours