Sixteen staffers at the White House pulled in the maximum yearly salary of $176,461
The list of Obama's aides making top dollar is essentially a roster of his inner circle
Sixteen staffers at the White House pulled in the maximum yearly salary of $176,461, according to a new report.
The White House each year is required to tell Congress how much everyone in the building earned in income, and the Obama administration has posted these reports on their website.
The list of President Barack Obama’s aides making top dollar is essentially a roster of his inner circle:
- Denis McDonough, his chief of staff;
- Press secretary Josh Earnest
- Political strategist David Simas;
- Longtime confidant Valerie Jarrett;
- National Security Adviser Susan Rice;
- Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes;
- Deputy chiefs of staff Anita Breckenridge and Kristie Canegallo;
- Tina Tchen, chief of staff to Michelle Obama;
- Jeffrey Zients, director of the National Economic Council;
- Lisa Monaco, Obama’s counter-terrorism adviser;
- Aides Chase Cushman, Warren Eggleston, Broderick Johnson, Cecilia Muñoz and Cody Keenan;
The top earner in the White House, though, isn’t listed on the report: the President himself makes $400,000 a year.