What you need to know now
- Matthew is no longer a hurricane; it’s now a post-tropical cyclone
- The storm’s effects are still being felt in eastern North Carolina
- Matthew has killed at least 17 people in the US
- Death toll in Haiti is at least 300, according to a Haitian ambassador to the US, though others report much higher deaths. A count by Reuters, based on information from local civil protection officials, puts the Haiti death toll well over 800
- For the latest updates, go here.
CNN’s Joshua Berlinger and Emanuella Grinberg contributed to this report.