Ingesting hydrogen peroxide can be fatal, researchers say
By Johanzynn Gatewood, CNN
Updated 0942 GMT (1742 HKT) February 20, 2017
Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what's happening in the world as it unfolds.
Photos:Common household poisons
Hydrogen peroxide – Researchers for a study published in the Annals of Emergency Medicine in 2016 looked at 294 cases of peroxide ingestion over a 10-year period. They found that a large number of cases where patients swallowed high-concentration peroxide resulted in critical illness, some with continued disability or death.