Parents in Nigeria are wondering whether the government can keep their schoolgirls safe

Hassana Mohammed, 13, who scaled a fence to escape an alleged Boko Haram attack on her Government Girls Science and Technical College, stands outside her home in Dapchi, Nigeria, on February 22, 2018.

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)Garba Tela's wife did not want him to send their daughter to school in Dapchi. She feared Zainab would be an easy target for insurgents.

"They take girls there," she told him.
Her prediction has proved accurate. Their 14-year-old daughter is one of 110 schoolgirls feared kidnapped by suspected Boko Haram militants in a raid on their school last Monday.
    Tela, who lives in Dapchi, now says his other children are refusing to go to school after last week's attack.
    "The situation we are in now, we don't know what to do. Her sisters say they won't go to school again," he said.
    "My wife had told me before that it was not good to take her to a girls school, that they take girls there. And this now happened.
    "I have tried to pet (cajole) them now. What can I do? I leave everything to Allah," said Tela, who works as a tailor.
    "We're village people, we don't have the power to chase the people who take our girls," he added. "Government should just help us get our daughter."

    The Chibok kidnapping

    The Government Girls Science Technical College school, which their daughter attended, is about 275 km (170 miles) from the site of the infamous Chibok girls kidnapping in 2014. When Boko Haram abducted 276 schoolgirls from the Chibok school in northeast Nigeria, it sparked global outrage and reignited the fight against the ISIS-aligned terrorist group.
    First lady Michelle Obama, Malala and other celebrities joined forces to protest the kidnapping in a social media campaign that went viral.
    Some of the girls were finally freed three years later, following negotiation talks between the Nigerian government and Boko Haram. But more than 100 of them remain in captivity.
    Now, nearly four years after that kidnapping, Nigeria finds itself in the global spotlight again over missing schoolgirls. This time, #Dapchigirls is trending online.
    But the momentum that gathered online around the Chibok girls is so far largely missing this time.

    The Dapchi raid

    On Monday the Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari admitted for the first time since their disappearance that the girls had been kidnapped.
    In a statement posted to his official twitter account, the president said he had asked the country's security agencies