Yasiel Puig was in a benches-clearing brawl minutes after he reportedly was traded

    Yasiel Puig is restrained during a bench-clearing altercation in the ninth inning between the Reds and Pirates on Tuesday in Cincinnati.

    (CNN)The Cincinnati Reds Twitter account might have summarized the events of Tuesday night best: "There's a lotta stuff going on rn."

    There sure was, as that "stuff" included Reds outfielder Yasiel Puig being involved in a benches-clearing brawl mere minutes after news broke he was being traded.
    The Reds were hosting the Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati. The National League Central division teams already didn't like each other. Their rivalry goes back years, including a benches-clearing incident back on April 7 in Pittsburgh.
      Tempers would flare again, but first, a little after 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, news of a blockbuster deal began to circulate. ESPN's Jeff Passan reported that Puig was getting traded to the Cleveland Indians for Cleveland right-hander Trevor Bauer as part of a three-team deal including the San Diego Padres.
      It turns out Puig's final moments as a member of the Reds were quite eventful.
      With two outs in the bottom of the seventh inning, a pitch from Pirates reliever Keone Kela sailed just over the head of Derek Dietrich. While it didn't hit him, it appeared to get the blood boiling. Reds first baseman Joey Votto shouted toward the Pittsburgh dugout between innings, and crew chief Larry Vanover warned both teams.
      In the ninth inning, Reds reliever Jared Hughes was ejected after hitting Starling Marte with a pitch, one he says "just slipped." Later that inning, amid the trade talk, Reds' pitcher Amir Garrett gave up a three-run homer. Afterward, he started chirping with the Pirates' bench.
      Things then got crazy.
      While Garrett was on the mound talking with coach Jeff Pickler, he sprinted toward the Pirates' dugout. Garrett threw a punch, taking on the entire Pittsburgh team himself. Chaos erupted, and the game was delayed as players spilled out of the dugouts.