(CNN)President Donald Trump on Monday falsely claimed the media had ignored the outbreak of coronavirus in January and February, as he sought to defend his response to the pandemic.
CNN was covering this important story from the start.
The first story that CNN published on the novel coronavirus came on January 6 as the world began to learn about a new disease spreading in Wuhan, China. Below is a sample of CNN's online coverage of the outbreak as it expanded from Wuhan to the rest of the world.
- A mysterious virus is making China (and the rest of Asia) nervous. It's not SARS, so what is it?
- A new virus related to SARS is the culprit in China's mysterious pneumonia outbreak, scientists say
- China's new SARS-like virus has spread to Japan, but we still know very little about it
- A second person has died from a new SARS-like virus in China
- CDC to screen at three US airports for signs of new virus from China
- China's coronavirus cases likely grossly underestimated, study says
- China confirms new coronavirus can spread between humans
- Coronavirus explained: What you need to know
- This may explain the spread of China's new virus
- China is trying to stop the spread of a deadly new virus at the worst possible time of year
- Vaccine for new Chinese coronavirus in the works
- First US case of Wuhan coronavirus confirmed by CDC
- Gupta: Here's what's keeping health officials up at night
- China confirms Wuhan virus can be spread by humans
- China's travel industry braces as coronavirus outbreak revives memories of SARS
- US airline stocks fall on coronavirus fears
- Coronavirus live updates from January 22
- The deadly new coronavirus is starting to spread in the US. Here's how to protect yourself
- Life inside ground zero of Wuhan coronavirus outbreak
- Snakes could be the source of the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak
- Disease detectives hunting down more information about 'super spreader' of Wuhan coronavirus
- A visual guide to the Wuhan coronavirus
- Wuhan coronavirus death toll rises, as city imposes transport lockdown
- Airport screenings for the Wuhan coronavirus increase around the world
- Coronavirus live updates from January 23
- Wuhan coronavirus virus spreads as China scraps New Year celebrations
- CNN reporter describes scramble to flee Wuhan before lockdown
- Global carmakers and luxury brands hit as virus shuts down China's 'motor city'
- Analysis: The Wuhan virus is the last thing China's economy needs right now
- Analysis: Wuhan is the latest crisis to face China's Xi, a