Smoke from the Telegraph Fire hangs over the towns of Globe and Miami, Arizona, on Monday, June 7.
CNN  — 

Two growing wildfires in eastern Arizona have burned more than 109,000 acres as of Monday afternoon, according to officials at the interagency Incident Information Center.

The Telegraph Fire has burned 71,756 acres and the Mescal Fire has scorched 66,913 acres, according to the Interagency Incident Information Center.

While the Mescal Fire has grown since Monday, authorities told some residents on the San Carlos Apache Reservation they could return home.

“Firefighters have been successful in reducing the fire threat to important infrastructure, resources and communities,” fire officials said.

The blaze, the cause of which is under investigation, is 23% contained.

Officials said the hot, dry conditions will help the fire continue to spread.

The Telegraph Fire, burning since last week, is 0% contained.

“Firefighters continue around-the-clock efforts to protect communities and other values at risk from the fast-growing Telegraph Fire,” according to a post on a Facebook page set up for the fire.

The Gila County Emergency Management agency is giving away N95 masks to individuals in nearby areas that are sensitive to smoke, according to a post on the Facebook page.

The cause of the fire, which started early last week, is under investigation.

Part of the fire is on land of the San Carlos Apache Reservation. Evacuation orders included the area of San Carlos High School, according to the tribal emergency response commission; the school is on the reservation.

CNN’s Jason Hanna and Gregory Lemos contributed to this report.