Russell Gage, #17 of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, is carted off the field after suffering an injury during the fourth quarter in the NFC Wild Card playoff game at Raymond James Stadium Monday in Tampa, Florida.
CNN  — 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Russell Gage has been released from the hospital after being injured during a NFL Wild-Card playoff game against the Dallas Cowboys Monday, the team said.

The game was paused with two minutes and 55 seconds left in the fourth quarter after Gage fell awkwardly after he was hit across his neck on a second down play at Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium.

Gage appeared to try to get up but couldn’t and was quickly swarmed my medical staff.

“They took him to the hospital right now, he has a concussion. They’ll also test him for potential neck injuries,” Buccaneers head coach Todd Bowles told reporters in the postgame news conference following the team’s 31-14 loss to the Cowboys.

When asked if Gage had movement in his extremities, Bowles replied: “His fingers were moving when he was down there. I don’t know about the rest.”

On Tuesday, the team announced Gage “was evaluated and released this afternoon after all the tests came back normal — other than a concussion which he sustained on the play.”

Russell Gage is carted off the field after suffering an injury against the Dallas Cowboys during the NFC Wild Card playoff game at Raymond James Stadium Monday.

After he was injured, trainers surrounded Gage and players from both teams knelt while he was receiving medical care. The broadcast showed Gage moving his legs while trainers were administering care. He was later immobilized and carted off the field.

Gage’s on-field injury came just two weeks after Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin suffered cardiac arrest and collapsed after making a tackle during another Monday night game.

A medical team resuscitated the 24-year-old before an ambulance carried him off the field in critical condition. He was discharged from the hospital last week.