How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- U.S. Confirms First Case of Omicron Variant in CaliforniaThe United States’ first confirmed case of the Covid Omicron variant has been identified in California. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the person was fully vaccinated and has “mild symptoms.” CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta tells Anderson Cooper how soon we could see community spread.
Plus, the 15-year-old boy accused of killing four students in an Oxford, Michigan school was charged as an adult with four c...Show moreounts of first-degree murder and terrorism. Several other people were injured in the shooting. Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel joins AC360 to discuss the tragedy and the charges against the alleged shooter.Dec 1, 2021
- At Least 3 Killed in Shooting at Michigan High SchoolAt least three teenagers were killed and eight people were injured in a shooting at a high school in Oxford, Michigan. The 15-year-old suspect, a sophomore at the school, was taken into custody after police responded to the shooting. Aiden Page is a senior at Oxford High School and barricaded in a classroom during the shooting. He tells Anderson Cooper about the moment he realized he was hearing gunshots.
Plus, the CDC is expanding surveillance at four U.S. international airports to look for...Show more the Omicron variant of Covid-19 in travelers. CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta joins AC360 to discuss whether or not vaccines will help protect against the new variant.Dec 1, 2021
- Pfizer CEO Thinks Covid-19 Vaccine Will Work Against Omicron Variant, but Could Offer Less ProtectionAs Omicron variant cases spread in other countries, there’s a rush to impose travel bans. At least 46 countries and territories have imposed travel restrictions from several African countries following the discovery of the variant. Japan and Israel have banned all foreign nationals from entering their countries. Late today, responding to the potential threat, and the word "potential" should be underscored here, the CDC amped-up its advice on vaccine boosters. The old word was that anyone 18 or o...Show morelder "may" get a booster. The new word they've chosen is "should." Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla joins Anderson to talk boosters, possible new versions of the vaccine and a pill the company has been testing to treat Covid.
Also, Tiger Woods says his days of being a full-time golfer are over. Anderson talks to Henni Koyack, the reporter who had an exclusive interview with the golf legend.Nov 29, 2021
- All Three Men Convicted of Murder in Killing of Ahmaud ArberyA Georgia jury has found all three men charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery guilty of murder and other charges. Gregory McMichael, Travis McMichael and William "Roddie" Bryan Jr. could possibly face life in prison without parole. Arbery's death sparked national outrage after a video of his shooting was made public. Arbery was jogging in Brunswick, Georgia, when he was fatally shot in 2020. Arbery’s aunt Theawanza Brooks joins to talk about the verdict.
Plus, as Americans are about to gath...Show moreer with family and friends for Thanksgiving, the CDC has an unsettling forecast on Covid-19. Officials there predict that the number of new Covid deaths and hospitalizations are likely to increase over the next four weeks. Previously, the forecast had been for a stable or possibly uncertain trend. President Biden's chief medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, joins AC360 to talk about safe practices for the holiday and what lies ahead.Nov 24, 2021
- Jury Finds Unite the Right Defendants Liable for More Than $26 Million in DamagesA jury has awarded more than $26 million in damages after finding White nationalists who organized and participated in the violent rally in Charlottesville, Virginia back in 2017 liable on a state conspiracy claim and other claims. Susan Bro’s daughter, Heather Heyer, was killed that day when a man sped his car through a crowd of counterprotesters. She tells AC360 the verdict “speaks volumes to trying to set things straight.”
Plus, the jury began deliberations in the trial of the three men a...Show moreccused of killing Ahmaud Arbery. Sara Azari is a criminal defense attorney. She joins AC360 to discuss the trial.Nov 23, 2021
- At Least 5 Killed After SUV Plows into Wisconsin Holiday ParadeAt least five people were killed and at least 48 more were injured when an SUV plowed into a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin. The police chief said the suspect is facing five counts of intentional homicide with more charges possible. Kelly Davis was at the parade where two of his children were marching. One of his kids was just barely missed by the SUV as it barreled through the crowd. He joins AC360 to describe the horrific scene and gives an update on how his children are doing.
Pl...Show moreus, the January 6 committee issued new subpoenas for five Trump allies, including Roger Stone and Alex Jones. Carrie Cordero is a CNN Legal Analyst and a senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security. She tells AC360 it’s “unlikely” they’ll be persuaded to cooperate but she thinks the committee is “doing everything” within its power to try and get that cooperation.Nov 22, 2021
- Kyle Rittenhouse Found Not Guilty on All ChargesKyle Rittenhouse, the teenager accused of killing two people and shooting another during unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin in August 2020, was found not guilty on all charges. The 12-person jury deliberated for more than 25 hours over the course of four days. Former federal prosecutor Laura Coates joins AC360 to discuss the verdict.
Plus, President Biden was deemed “fit to successfully execute the duties of the President” after his first physical in office. CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. S...Show moreanjay Gupta tells Anderson Cooper about what he noticed when he read through the doctor’s report.Nov 19, 2021
- Defense Rests in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery’s DeathThe defense teams for the three White men accused in Ahmaud Arbery’s killing rested after presenting their case for two days and calling seven witnesses, including one of the defendants. Arbery’s family has said he was out for a jog when he was shot and killed. Paul Callan is a criminal defense attorney and a former homicide prosecutor. He joins AC360 to discuss what to expect with closing arguments next week.
Plus, the jury in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial finished its third day of deliberatio...Show morens without a verdict. CNN’s Senior National Correspondent Sara Sidner tells Anderson Cooper about what one of the jurors requested and how the city of Kenosha is preparing for a possible verdict.Nov 18, 2021
- Republican Rep. Paul Gosar Censured Over Violent VideoThe House voted to censure Republican Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona and remove him from his two committee assignments. Just two Republicans voted with Democrats to make Rep. Gosar the first sitting House member to be censured in more than 10 years. The Arizona Congressman was punished for posting a photoshopped anime video showing him appearing to kill Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and attacking President Joe Biden. Jonathan Karl is the chief Washington correspondent for ABC News and is ...Show morethe author of the new book “Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show.” He tells Anderson Cooper when talking to lawmakers on the Hill for his book, “the way Republicans would talk about Gosar privately is entirely different” than the way they defended him today.
Plus, the jury in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial has ended the second day of deliberations without a verdict. Mark O’Mara is a criminal defense attorney and successfully defended George Zimmerman. He joins AC360 to discuss the ongoing deliberations.Nov 17, 2021
- Rittenhouse Jury Wraps First Day of Deliberations Without VerdictThe jury in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial wrapped its first day of deliberations without a verdict but did ask the judge for extra copies of the instructions. Rittenhouse is charged with five felonies. Laura Coates is a former federal prosecutor and a CNN Senior Legal Analyst. She tells Anderson Cooper whether the amount of time the jury deliberates favors one side or the other.
Plus, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said he believed the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 was th...Show moree result of former President Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was stolen. He joins AC360 to discuss his new book, “Republican Rescue” and says “I don’t” regret supporting Trump.Nov 16, 2021